Infectious diseases also known as communicable/contagious/transmissible diseases which remain with the transfer, adhesion and penetration of microorganisms caused in the body. In normal human language such diseases are spread among people, by people through coughs and sneezes, contaminated food, and skin-to-skin contact.
There are different types of infectious disease. They can be bifurcated under the following categories:
HIV infection and AIDS
Signs & symptoms of infectious disease:
1) Signs and symptoms of HIV infections & AIDS: The initial signs and symptoms of HIVinclude fever, headache, tiredness, nausea, diarrhea and enlarged lymph nodes in the neck, armpits or groin.
We know that signs and symptoms of infectious diseasesvary, but often include fever and chills. The later signs and symptoms of HIV/AIDS are rapid weight loss, dry cough, recurring fever & profuse night sweats, profound & unexplained fatigue, swollen lymph glands in the neck, armpits or groin, diarrhea lasting more than a week, white spots or unusual blemishes on the tongue, in the mouth, or in the throat, pneumonia, red, brown, pink, or purplish blotches on or under the skin or inside the mouth, nose, or eyelids and memory loss, depression, and other neurological disorders.
2) Signs and symptoms of Sepsis: If a person has sepsis then he will have fever, though the body temperature may be normal or below. The individual also have chills and severe shaking along with fast heart beating and rapid breathing. Confusion, disorientation, and agitation may be seen as well as dizziness and decreased urination. They even develop rash along with pain in the joints at wrists, elbows, back, hips.
3) Signs and symptoms of Bacterial infections:The bacterial infection makes a healthy human look sick. The human body infected by bacteria succumbs to fever, cold, cough etc. Predominant symptoms of bacterial infection are seen as swelling, pain and discharge in the affected body region.
The signs and symptoms of bacterial infections include strep throat, Sinus infections, Pharyngitis, Colored nasal discharge, Headaches, Nausea, Stomach pain and stomach inflammation, Dehydration, Peptic ulcer or stomach ulcer, Indigestion, Meningitis, Lethargy, Fatigue, Stiffness in neck and back, Urinary tract infections, Yeast infection, Bacterial vaginitis, and Painful acne and boils.
4) Signs and symptoms of viral infections:Each infectious disease has its own specific signs and symptoms of viral infection depend on the virus causing infection, the area of the body that is infected, the age and health history of the patient etc. Symptoms of viral disease include flu-like symptoms (fatigue, fever, sore throat , headache, cough, aches & pains), gastrointestinal disturbances (such as diarrhea, nausea and vomiting), irritability, malaise, rash, sneezing, stuffy nose, nasal congestion, runny nose, or postnasal drip, swollen lymph nodes, swollen tonsils and unexplained weight loss.
5) Signs and symptoms of Parasitic infections:Parasitical infections is responsible for ill health conditions like diarrhea, gastrointestinal upset, vaginal irritation, joint pain, nervous diseases, immune dysfunction, and chronic fatigue. Signs of infection include less conclusive symptoms such as a runny nose, nighttime restlessness and blisters on the lower lip inside the mouth. Infected individuals may feel bloated, tired and hungry. They may have allergies, anemia, lethargy, fuzzy thinking, headaches and roller cloistering blood sugar levels. They may experience restlessness, hair loss, diarrhea, arthritis, mineral imbalances and night time teeth grinding.
6) Signs and symptoms of fungal infections:General sign and symptoms of infectious disease include Fever, Loss of appetite,Fatigue and Muscle aches. But symptoms of fungal infections differ depending on the type and severity of the infection, the area of the body affected, and individual factors.
Fungal infection includes:
??? Athlete foot:itching of the feet, scaling and flaking of the skin of the feet, thick, yellowish toenails that detach from the nail beds if the fungus infects the toenails.
??? Jock itch: Itching of the groin area, red and scaly rash in the groin area.
??? Ringworm: Red, itchy area on the scalp, often like a ring, hair loss in the affected area.
??? Oral thrush:Lesions or sores that are raised, are yellow-white in color, and appear in patches in the mouth or throat and/or on the tongue, sore, bleeding gums, patches or lesions that become sore, raw and painful, making it difficult to eat or swallow.
??? Vaginal thrush:Thick, white vaginal discharge that has a texture similar to cottage cheese, vaginal irritation and itching, and burning with urination.
??? Fungal gastroenteritis: Diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.