Who doesn’t gripe about how hurried our lives are these days? Exercise often takes a back seat to everything else that we have going on. At a time when most of us are engaging in inferior and inferior visible exertion and eating greater and augmented prepared convenience foods, fitting some exercise into our regular schedule is becoming increasingly critical. If you find yourself falling into this type then here are five elementary ideas for fitting a miniature exercise into your working day.
1. Try ‘working out’ instead of ‘vegging out’. At the end of most working days there are usually a couple of programs on the television that can help you unwind and relax. Instead of stretching out on the couch (probably with a bag of chips and soda pop) try doing some exercise and watching the television at the same time. This can be as mild as doing some stretching exercises, sit ups or light weight lifting or, if you are really contemplative about your exercise, why not set up a limited home gym in the house and watch your main program while using an exercise bike or a treadmill?
2. Try to decrease the number of coffee breaks you have during the day. It is surprising how coffee breaks can eat into the day! If you make a note of how long you spend on coffee breaks in an standard day you will probably be amazed at just how much time you could be doing productive work. One idea might be to frankly roll these breaks up into just a couple of longer breaks each day and use this time to take some exercise, even if it is just walking around your office building or climbing a straggling flights of stairs. You will also obtain that the endorphins which your body produces as a by-product of even a tiny bit of exercise will do greater to enliven you than your cup of coffee!
3. Take a packed lunch with you to work. Most of us gou outside the office for lunch, often with some of our co-workers, and often choose less than nutritious food options which we wash down with a large cup of coffee or two. Why don’t you try taking your packed lunch out for a walk (or greater still a run) and, when you get tired, stop off to eat.
4. Make exercise part of your social life. We all like to get out with our friends and gab about the problems of the world. Instead of sitting around in your local bar or coffee shop to do so, why not find a increased challenging venue and combine your socializing with a game of badminton, squash or even bowling (my prized)?
5. Try a little housework. Okay, I can hear a lot of you throwing up your hands in horror but various forms of housework such as cleaning the kitchen, washing down the bathroom, mowing the lawn (not with your adored ride-on lawn mower), and digging over the vegetable patch are all huge forms of exercise. Those dust bunnies won’t go away by themselves! They don’t do your house any harm either.
These are just a straggling plain ideas and I am sure that you can come up with bountious increased of your own. It really doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you fit some exercise into your common method. And remember, if you haven’t done any exercise for a while, take it stall at basic and build yourself up gradually.